Parents & Counseling
Dear Hiker Families,
Our teachers and staff have been working hard the past two days to prepare materials for your students to
enable them to stay engaged with their learning. On Wednesday, March 18 we will be available to distribute
materials and answer questions at Highland. In order to be as efficient as possible and to manage the number
of people in the building at any one time we will observe the following schedule:
● 8:00 - 8:40 - Families who have more than one student attending HJHS
● 8:40 - 9:20 - Freshman (9th graders) Last names A - K
● 9:20 - 10:00 - Freshman (9th graders) Last names L - Z
● 10:00 - 10:45 - 8th graders Last names A - K
● 10:45 - 11:30 - 8th graders Last names L - Z
● 11:30 - 12:15 - 7th graders Last names A - K
● 12:15 - 1:00 - 7th graders Last names L- Z
Breakfast and lunch will be served in the south parking lot daily from 7:30 - 12:30 p.m. You may pick up both
meals at the same time. Drive-through is recommended. There will be no need to leave your vehicle. Both
meals will be handed through the car window. Walk-ups are welcome. There will be NO school meals served
during Spring Break March 30 - April 3
On-Site Resources and Building Access
● Following state-directed guidelines, no childcare will be provided at schools during this period.
● Highland Junior High School campus will remain open from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. daily to allow
students to retrieve personal items, collect instructional resources or turn in completed work.
● Teachers may be available for brief one-on-one meetings, not to exceed 15 minutes, or to help
answer instructional questions for students or parents. Parents and students should request to
schedule time with teachers in advance. Teachers will also be available by email to answer
questions or provide support.
● The building will be closed during Spring Break March 30 - April 3. Staff will not be available.
Keeping in Contact
Parents should ensure that all of their current contact information is listed in their student’s records. This
● Physical address
● Mobile phone number
● Home phone number (if no home number is available, please use mobile number for both mobile and
Contact the school office at 801-737-7717 if you need to verify or update your contact information.
- School Fees & Extracurricular Fees
- Title I
- Annual School Plan
- School Plan Summary
- Attendance Goal
- Parents Right to Know letter | los Padres derecho a conocer la carta
- Parent Involvement
- School, Parent, Student Compact
- Student Code of Conduct | Código de Conducta del Estudiante
- Parent/Guardian SIS Access (HOW TO) | Cómo Registrarse Para el Acceso de Contacto
- School Fee Schedule
- Student Dress Standards
Please click on the link above to obtain remote learning resources for elementary and secondary school students. You can get assistance with common login procedures as well as many educational resources (ie Reading Plus, Rosetta Stone, ALEKS, Schmoop, Imagine Learning) as well as online spanish resources.
Ogden School District and its schools support conservation through decreased use of paper communication and increased use of electronic communication. Electronic communication is particularly vital in the event of an emergency.
Parents and guardians are urged to provide a phone number (preferably a cellular phone number) and an email address to their student's school and to update the school any time the phone number or email address changes.
Parents and guardians who do not currently have an email account can learn how to create a free email address by clicking here.
Las instrucciones en español para crear una dirección de correo electrónico gratuita se pueden encontrar haciendo clic aquí.